Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Star Child

 Alison and I went shopping and picked up a few thing at JC Penny. We went after Alison had taken a nap and after she ate her post nap lunch so we would be in the optimal mood for going shopping. 

While we were there Alison heard a sales lady tell someone to "have a nice day!" and so Alison randomly would tell people we walked by to "have a nice day!". Most people didn't hear her but one lady did and told Alison to have a nice day too.

This morning we got to Skype with Grandma Carolyn. Alison LOVES talking to Grandma. Frequently when I open my computer she will say "Talk to Grandma?". Sometimes Alison clams up when she is on Skype but today she showed off her singing by serenading Grandma with the "ABC" song and "Twinkle Twinkle". She also showed grandma her horse and tried to sing the chorus to THIS. I always sing it (da-da-dun, da-da dun, da-da dun dun dun) when I am making her horse run around and Alison likes to dance a long and laughs, its pretty fun. I thought it was cute her trying it out for herself.

Since I didn't take any pictures today I will show you something I am really excited to give Alison for Christmas!


This book is based off the Brother's Grimm story of a little girl who gives all her belongings to those in need. I think this book helps children understand the beauty and importance of giving, especially during the winter season when they receive so much.
 Book description from Amazon:
"There was once a young girl whose only possessions were the clothes on her back and a piece of bread some kind soul had given to her. But even these few things meant much to others less fortunate than herself, and in selfless love, the girl gave the little she had away. In this beautiful Grimm tale, her virtue is rewarded a thousand times over."
 I saw this book featured on the blog Rhythm of the Home and thought it would make a beautiful bedtime story for Alison.
To go with the book we got a little doll of the Star Child
Till tomorrow, warm hugs to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment